Join more than fifty Conversation Corps hosts, representing Madison’s full diversity, to organize and guide hundreds of small-group conversations throughout the city.
LVN Madison Background
We will continue to add experienced facilitators to our Madison Conversation Corps as the project continues. To qualify as a Conversation Corps host, a person should have 1) at least 40 hours of facilitation experience in settings like focus groups, meetings, dialogue sessions, or conflict resolutions; and 2) skills that include:
- Ability to use active listening
- Ability to reiterate and check for confirmation of points of view
- Ability to hold a space of respect for all voices
- Ability to self manage and be present in emotional situations or conflicting points of view
- Ability to intervene and redirect during low to moderate levels of conflict.
Hosts will be trained in the LVN technology, method and script in advance of leading their first conversation. To learn more about the expectations and experience of hosts, please see the Conversation Corps Handbook and FAQ.